Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval on trade mission to Israel
October 18, 2013
Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval and an entourage of economic development, higher education and private business representatives are on a trade mission in Israel.
The governor's office on Friday said the mission will focus on water technology, indoor agriculture and unmanned aerial vehicles, three areas of interest to both Nevada and Israel.
In 2012, Nevada exports to Israel totaled $129 million and the state imported $144 million in good from that country, making it the state's 10th largest trading country.
The trip is Sandoval's fourth foreign trade mission since he took office in January 2011.
Other trips were to China and South Korea; Canada; and Mexico.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Government
- Nevada senators seek more funds in wake of Las Vegas shootings
- P. Mark Ghan named acting president of Western Nevada College
- Coordinator hired to battle opioid crisis
- Nevada state workers receive raise in proposed state budget by Gov. Brian Sandoval | 2017 Nevada Legislature
- Bill raises Nevada’s minimum liability car insurance