Ormat executive named state energy director
September 12, 2013
(AP) — Gov. Brian Sandoval has tapped Ormat Technologies executive Paul Thomsen to serve as director of the Nevada Office of Energy.
Thomsen has served as director of the geothermal company since 2005. Before that he worked for Nevada U.S. Sen. Harry Reid and former Sen. Richard Bryan. He's also president of the Geothermal Energy Association.
Sandoval says Thomsen has extensive experience in federal, state and local legislative and regulatory issues involving the energy industry.
Thomsen replaces Stacey Crowley, who resigned in July. He will assume his new position Oct. 14.
The appointment was announced Thursday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Government
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- Dennis Hof says Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population
- SlotWorld Casino in Carson City closing Sunday for remodel
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to hear Lompa Ranch project developer agreement