Ormat executive named state energy director
September 12, 2013
(AP) — Gov. Brian Sandoval has tapped Ormat Technologies executive Paul Thomsen to serve as director of the Nevada Office of Energy.
Thomsen has served as director of the geothermal company since 2005. Before that he worked for Nevada U.S. Sen. Harry Reid and former Sen. Richard Bryan. He’s also president of the Geothermal Energy Association.
Sandoval says Thomsen has extensive experience in federal, state and local legislative and regulatory issues involving the energy industry.
Thomsen replaces Stacey Crowley, who resigned in July. He will assume his new position Oct. 14.
The appointment was announced Thursday.
Trending In: Government
- Carson City Board of Supervisors tentatively raise property tax
- Little Valley fire probe: State cut staff for prescribed burn turned wildfire
- Nevada lawmakers asked to OK work on Capitol and at Stewart
- Equal Rights Amendment to be heard Monday in Nevada Legislature
- Democrats roll out ‘blueprint’ for Nevada