Phone lines help Nevadans filing weekly jobless claims
September 6, 2013
Nevada has added two phone lines for people to file weekly jobless benefit claims as the state tries to bring a new computer system online.
The Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation added two new phone numbers for people to file claims until the new system is up and running.
The number in Northern Nevada is 775-684-3387. In Southern Nevada it's 702-486-3387.
Each phone number supports 96 additional lines. Officials say the new numbers mean about 600 people can now file weekly claims at the same time.
The $35 million system funded by the federal government is being implemented in stages and will replace a decades-old system.
Officials hope to restore the ability to file claims online in the coming days.
Trending In: Government
- Nevada governor OKs $2 million for high school students taking college courses
- Sandoval vetoes 7 bills including two that reverse 2015 laws
- Nevada Senate passes right to die bill
- Nevada Division of Museums and History to get staff to handle historic sites
- Trump’s budget draws fire from Nevada delegation