Reid announces $2.5 million highway-safety grant
April 28, 2014
Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nev., has announced a series of grants totaling $2.52 million to fund highway-safety programs in Nevada.
He said the federal funding will be focused on programs to reduce death and injuries on Nevada highways by focusing on driver education, impaired driving, pedestrian and bicycle injuries, and emergency medical services.
The money is part of $166 million being distributed nationwide.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Government
- Lawsuit seeks to stop fracking
- Nevada’s Sandoval prefers governors’ healthcare plan over Heller’s bill
- Senate passes bills to stop human trafficking; Nevada’s Heller a co-sponsor
- Bill raises Nevada’s minimum liability car insurance
- GOP hopes again for Obamacare repeal; Sandoval against bill, Heller supports it