Replacement for NDOT’s Scott Magruder named
February 21, 2014
The Nevada Department of Transportation has named Meg Ragonese its spokeswoman for the news media and public.
She replaces Scott Magruder, who retired as public-information officer at the end of January.
Ragonese has worked nearly eight years at NDOT managing the department's Facebook and Twitter accounts as well as its website, nevadadot.com, and coordinating internal communications.
Her work on the state's Zero Fatalities traffic-safety program earned the 2012 Nevada Strategic Highway Safety Plan Award.
She now becomes the face of NDOT for all news events and handling of citizen complaints.
Before joining NDOT's communications office, she worked in a variety of casino marketing programs. She is a journalism graduate from the University of Nevada, Reno.
Trending In: Government
- 2 die during weekend at Northern Nevada Correctional Center in Carson City
- Bill to elect president by national popular vote heard in Nevada Legislature
- Bill would create separate board to manage community colleges
- Nevada’s Amodei opposes GOP healthcare plan
- More money for Career & Technical classes defended at Nevada Legislature