Sandoval named vice chairman of Western Governors’ Association
July 3, 2013
Gov. Brian Sandoval has been elected vice chairman of the Western Governors' Association.
He was chosen during the associations, annual meeting in Park City, Utah.
"From natural resources to human resources, western states face unique challenges and the WGA provides a forum for governors to listen and learn from one another," Sandoval said. "I am looking forward to expanding the ongoing discussions at WGA and I thank the WGA for this opportunity."
The association was established in 1984. It is nonpartisan and includes governors from 19 western states, two Pacific territories and one commonwealth.
Trending In: Government
- Equal Rights Amendment to be heard Monday in Nevada Legislature
- Nevada lawmakers asked to OK work on Capitol and at Stewart
- Las Vegas lawmaker wants test scores nixed from teacher evaluations
- Carson City Board of Supervisors tentatively raise property tax
- Study: State construction in Northern Nevada on target