Sick inmate dies in Carson City prison
October 25, 2013
State officials are reporting the third inmate death this month at a Carson City prison.
Officials with the Nevada Department of Corrections say a sick inmate died Monday at the Northern Nevada Correctional Center. They don't suspect foul play.
Authorities say the inmate has been incarcerated since 2009 and was serving an 8-20 year sentence on a burglary conviction out of Clark County.
Officials say they aren't releasing the person's name until they can notify relatives.
The death is the third reported among the prison's inmates this month.
Fifty-two-year-old Richard Ferst and 62-year-old Larry Peck died earlier in October.
Trending In: Government
- Amodei, Heller deal with protesters, issues in Carson City
- Police: Suspect dead in RPD shooting at Reno casino
- Nevada Senate committee votes to ratify Equal Rights Amendment
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Carson City Airport Authority has opening