Sixth inmate death reported in 2 months
November 23, 2013
A fifth Nevada inmate has died within the past two months, prison officials reported Thursday.
Robert Luttrell, 62, was serving consecutive 40-year sentences for robbery with a deadly weapon enhancement at the Ely maximum-security prison.
Three inmates died in October at Northern Nevada Correctional Center in Carson City, including convicted cop killer Larry Peck. James McArthur, serving time for domestic battery, and an inmate whose name hasn’t been released also were reported dead.
The final death on the list was that of Truman Walker who committed suicide in is cell at High Desert State Prison in Southern Nevada.
An autopsy will be performed on Luttrell to determine the cause of death.
Trending In: Government
- Carson City Board of Supervisors tentatively raise property tax
- Little Valley fire probe: State cut staff for prescribed burn turned wildfire
- Nevada lawmakers asked to OK work on Capitol and at Stewart
- Democrats roll out ‘blueprint’ for Nevada
- Equal Rights Amendment to be heard Monday in Nevada Legislature