State sets up waste hotline
July 27, 2013
As mandated by the 2013 Legislature, the state of Nevada has now set up a telephone hotline to report fraud, waste and abuse of state and federal funds.
The mandate was included in Assembly Bill 327 to allow state workers as well as the public to report potential abuse of federal funding received by agencies and contractors.
The information on the hotline will be posted in each public building of state government.
It encourages employees and others to report any inappropriate use of state or federal funds, conduct by vendors of contractors, diversion, manipulation or misuse of state resources.
The number is 775-687-0150.
Trending In: Government
- Carson City Board of Supervisors tentatively raise property tax
- Little Valley fire probe: State cut staff for prescribed burn turned wildfire
- Nevada lawmakers asked to OK work on Capitol and at Stewart
- Equal Rights Amendment to be heard Monday in Nevada Legislature
- Democrats roll out ‘blueprint’ for Nevada