Tahoe-Pyramid Bikeway named EPA champion
December 10, 2013
A Reno-area nonprofit group has been named an environmental champion by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Tahoe-Pyramid Bikeway is one of eight organizations in the western U.S. and the only one in Nevada to be named 2013 winners of the award that acknowledges contributions to protect the environment and support communities.
The organization was formed in 2003 with the goal of completing a 116-mile trail that follows the Truckee River from Lake Tahoe to Pyramid Lake.
Trending In: Government
- Carson City Board of Supervisors tentatively raise property tax
- Little Valley fire probe: State cut staff for prescribed burn turned wildfire
- Nevada lawmakers asked to OK work on Capitol and at Stewart
- Equal Rights Amendment to be heard Monday in Nevada Legislature
- Democrats roll out ‘blueprint’ for Nevada