Truckee Meadows college gets $2.25M grant for job training
July 18, 2013
RENO (AP) — The U.S. Commerce Department has awarded a $2.25 million grant to Truckee Meadows Community College to renovate its technology center in Reno.
The center provides job training for clean energy, advanced mining, manufacturing and logistics industries.
The grant is among $7.2 million in spending the department's Economic Development Administration announced Wednesday for projects in Nevada, Utah, California and Oregon.
Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker said the grants will help provide training for up to 1,600 jobs.
She said the investments are an example of the Obama administration's commitment to creating jobs and promoting the nation's economic competitiveness.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Government
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy kicks off concert series
- Guy W. Farmer: Statehood for Puerto Rico not likely
- After inspections, Carson City extended stay motels work to comply
- Three arrested on child endangerment, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Nevada Guard’s first openly transgender soldier embraces new policy