UNR to test emergency alert system Friday
August 15, 2013
RENO — University of Nevada, Reno, police will test the campus' emergency alert systems Friday to make sure they're ready when students begin classes Aug. 26.
Campus police will activate several safety systems, including a new outdoor notification system that sends an audible alert. Other emergency communication measures include text messages, campus-wide email, postings to Twitter and Facebook and a scrolling banner on campus public computers.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Government
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake