Veteran analyst Julia Teska named Administration director
March 18, 2014
Gov. Brian Sandoval has named Julia Teska director of Administration.
She replaces Jeff Mohlenkamp, who resigned to take a job in Walnut Creek, Calif.
Teska has worked more than 20 years in public finance, including six years in the state budget office that she will now run. In her time in the budget division, she handled accounts for the state's K-12 education system and major accounts in the Health and Human Services Department.
She is currently deputy superintendent of education in charge of business and support services.
Before that, she spent 10 years in local school district administration and finance.
"Julia has an intimate knowledge of the state budget and brings with her a wealth of experience in government finance," said Sandoval in announcing the appointment. "Her extensive work in education and health and human services will be of great value to the state of Nevada."
Teska takes over April 7.
Trending In: Government
- Sandoval vetoes 7 bills including two that reverse 2015 laws
- Nevada governor OKs $2 million for high school students taking college courses
- Nevada Senate passes right to die bill
- Nevada Division of Museums and History to get staff to handle historic sites
- Trump’s budget draws fire from Nevada delegation