Campers hoop it up
July 11, 2013
More than 20 girls hit the hardwood this week at the Lady Wave basketball camp.
The second annual camp, run by Fallon varsity coach Anne Smith and her players, gave a crash-course in basic basketball skills to future hoopsters.
The camp ran from Monday through Thursday at the Elmo Dericco Gym. Smith said the camp focused on dribbling, shooting, passing techniques for athletes in second through eighth grades.
Thursday ended with numerous games for the girls, who all received a T-shirt, prizes and some take-home tips to improve their game.
Smith, though, said the camp atmosphere was full of energy and gave most of the credit to her current players. They ushered the campers through drills and provided a unique environment.
Only in its second year, Smith said she hopes to grow the camp, which will always run the second week of July. In addition, the Fallon coach said she is hoping to organize a three-day hoops clinic during Christmas break.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- SlotWorld Casino in Carson City closing Sunday for remodel
- Dennis Hof says Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population
- Carson City Sheriff’s Office concerned with rising number of wrecks