Cancer Warriors Aces fundraiser
June 10, 2014
The Cancer Warriors for Central Nevada are selling tickets to the Reno Aces for the July 6 game against Sacramento River Cats to help support Scott Wilson and Christina Santiago.
The tickets are for right-field seating and are $10 each. They can be purchased at Jeff's Copy, Choice Wireless, Farmers Market or by contacting the Cancer Warriors at 775-629-2629 or CancerWarriorsCN@gmail.com.
If 100 tickets or more are sold, Scott will be able to throw the first pitch and Christina will be able to participate in an on field game. A few lucky ticket holders will also win chances for playing games and going behind the scenes.
The Cancer Warriors for Central Nevada are a group of locals who want to make a difference in the lives of cancer patients and their families. They host fundraising events like the recent Raffle Ride and the Redneck Shindig in the fall to raise money for the selected recipients to help out wherever they need it the most. Of the funds raised, 90 percent goes directly to the recipients to use how they need and the remaining 10 percent stays with the organization to help fund the next event. Cancer Warriors would like to see the funds stay local to help those in the Central Nevada area. The only requirements for the patients are that they verify they have cancer and that they live in the central counties of Nevada. Cancer Warriors randomly chooses a few patients for each event to have the most beneficial help for each of the patients.
The group is currently accepting nominations for recipients. Also this organization is run by volunteers, and we can always use more. Cancer Warriors is currently planning the third annual Redneck Shindig on Sept. 20. For information, call 775-629-2629 or email CancerWarriorsCN@gmail.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Carson City and Dayton communities come together after rollover injures seven students
- 15 set to graduate from Carson City Regional Fire Academy
- Helicopter delivers math, science lesson at Eagle Valley Middle School in Carson City
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again