City council approves contract for DFA plant
July 5, 2013
A contract to build a lift station to service the new Dairy Farmers of America Fallon Plant was awarded Tuesday night by the Fallon City Council during its regularly scheduled meeting.
Resource Development Inc. was granted the contract in the low bid amount of $1,033,900 for a project that will provide sewer service to the powder milk facility, which is scheduled to begin operation by the end of this year.
The lift station will be designed to handle the waste water from the DFA facility, which is located downhill from the city's water treatment plant, City Engineer Jim Souba explained. The waste water may reach peak flows in excess of 430,000 gallons per day, he added.
"It's a lift station we needed," Souba said. "They (Resource Development) previously reconstructed the chemical room at the water plant, which was a very complex project, so we're very happy to work with this firm again."
The only other bid received for the project was submitted by Fallon-based A & K Earth Movers.
Council members also took action on the following item:
• Approved an off-premises/unrestricted liquor license for AB Food & Liquor, 1660 W. Williams Ave. Kamran Bashir is owner/operator of the store.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- ‘All I could do was gasp for air’ – Tahoe woman tells of near drowning in Truckee
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy kicks off concert series
- Three arrested on child endangerment, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- It’s going to be another Big, Bad weekend in Carson City
- Guy W. Farmer: Statehood for Puerto Rico not likely