City Council meets Tuesday
June 27, 2013
The Fallon City Council will hold its first regularly scheduled meeting of July on Tuesday at 7 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, 55 W. Williams Ave.
Council members will discuss or take action on the following items:
• Consider awarding a contract for City of Fallon Project 13-05 to Resource Development, Inc., in the low bid amount of $1,033,900 for a lift station at the new Dairy Farmers of America powder milk facility in Fallon. The only other bid received for the project was submitted by A & K Earth Movers.
The project is part of the city's commitment to provide sewer service to the DFA facility. The lift station will be dedicated to handle the waste water from the plant, which may have peak flows in excess of 430,000 gallons per day.
• Hear a request by Kamran Bashir for an off-premises/unrestricted liquor license for AB Food & Liquor, to be located at 1660 W. Williams Ave. Bashir is the owner/operator of the store.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty