Commissioners to meet today
August 20, 2013
Churchill County Commissioners will hold their second regularly scheduled meeting of August today at 1:15 p.m. at the county administration building chambers, 155 N. Taylor St.
Commissioners will discuss or take action on the following items:
• 1:15 p.m. appointment: Hear an update from Terri Knutson, Bureau of Land Management Stillwater field office manager, of current activities, plans or actions related to the BLM's Carson City District.
• 1:25 p.m.: A community support funding request from the Lion's Club Junior Rodeo Association will be considered.
• 1:35 p.m.: Terri Pereira, Planning Department associate planner, will give a presentation for a Memorandum of Agreement between Churchill County and Bell Land Surveying for consideration.
• 1:40 p.m.: Hear a Desert Research Institute (DRI) presentation of its Energy Audit program.
Recommended Stories For You
• 1:50 p.m.: A Top Gun proposal for reimbursement to the county will be considered.
• Consider a request from the Churchill Animal Protection Society (CAPS) for the first quarterly installment of $5,000 of the $20,000 allocated for the 2013-14 fiscal year.
• In Old Business, will hear an update on the Barrenchea vs. Wallin-Reed nuisance complaint at 1715 Shoffner Lane.
• Consider approval of a $200 payment to Newmont USA for the lease of a 20-by-40-foot area which the county utilizes for a meteorological data station.
• In New Business, consider a request to transfer funds to the county road department for the first and final payment on the Gummow Drive asphalt overlay project and the Alcorn/V-Line bridge replacement project.
• Consider a performance evaluation of County Manager Eleanor Lockwood.
• Consider renewal of the annual membership with the Northern Nevada Development Authority (NNDA). Commissioners agreed last year to align with NNDA at an annual rate of $25,000.
• Consider ratification of a fund agreement with TAS Energy for apparent overpayment of the sales and use tax by TAS on the Patua Project.