Commissioners to meet today
July 16, 2013
Churchill County website:
Churchill County Commissioners will hold their second regularly scheduled meeting of July today at 1:15 p.m. at the county administration building chambers, 155 N. Taylor St.
Commissioners will discuss or take action on the following items:
• 1:15 p.m. appointment: Terri Knutson, field director for the Bureau of Land Management Stillwater Field Office, will provide an update of current activities, plans or actions related to the BLM’s Carson City District.
• 1:25 p.m.: Consider approval of a Union Pacific grant application to replace the current volleyball pit with a concrete basketball court.
• 1:30 p.m.: Hear a presentation on the USACE Breach Inundation Analysis USBR Newlands Project V, L and S line canals in Churchill County.
• 1:40 p.m.: Consider approval of an agreement with Baxtin’s Inc. for Churchill County’s auction.
• 1:45 p.m.: Review and approval of the county’s debt management plan.
• 2 p.m.: Public hearing for a nuisance complaint Mike Barrenchea filed concerning dust and sand related to property at 1715 Shoffner Lane.
• In Old Business, Resolution 23-2013 certifying the combined tax rate for the levy of taxes beginning on July 1, 2013 and designating the number of cents of each $100 of property tax levy for each fund within the provisions of Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 361.460.
• Consider appointment and contract for Dr. Tedd McDonald as Churchill County Health Officer.
• Acknowledgement of recordation of a conservation easement on property owned by Donald R. Travis Sr. and Simmie Dee Travis as co-trustees for property located at 2000 Berney Road.
• Approval of conservation easement and purchase agreement proposal for Carson Lake Livestock.
• In New Business, Resolution 24-2013 declaration a 1999 Jeep Cherokee as surplus equipment and donation of the vehicle to Churchill County Search and Rescue.
• Intrastate interstate contract between public agencies for access to Nevada’s business portal.
• Consider increase of the petty cash account at the Churchill County Library.