Convention Center road work to begin
July 16, 2013
Starting on Monday, the roadway off Venturacci Lane leading to the Fallon Convention Center and Western Nevada College will be closed for construction.
The Convention Center Drive project will reconstruct the exiting paved roadway behind Safeway and the old Walmart, and will further provide a new roadway through the parking lot area of the Fallon Convention Center that connects with Auction Road.
A number of vehicles use this roadway and the Convention Center parking lot as a shortcut between Auction Road and Venturacci Lane.
"The city regrets any inconvenience during the construction period, but the project is necessary to improve pedestrian safety, improve access to the Convention Center and WNC, and provide a much improved route between Auction Road and Venturacci Lane," City Engineer Jim Souba said.
The Convention Center Drive construction project is expected to be completed by early November. During the construction period, access to the Convention Center and WNC will only be available from Auction Road.
For further information, call the City Engineer's office at 423-5107.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Three candidates apply for open Carson City School Board seat