EARNING EAGLE SCOUT RANK
May 2, 2013
Jesse David Watkins of Troop 439, Boy Scouts of America, recently received the rank of Eagle Scout for his project at Lahontan State Park. Watkins' project was the construction of a water safety kiosk and life preserver loaner station at the North Shore Marina and boat dock.
The project included the design, purchase of materials and construction of the kiosk in cooperation with Anthony Beauregard Park Supervisor III and other State Parks personnel.
The troop painted the materials, excavated the site, fanned and poured concrete and then assembled the pre-made sections of the kiosk Jesse and his fellow Scouts along with their adult leaders put in 226 hours during last summer, finishing the kiosk one week before the Fourth of July weekend.
In addition to the kiosk, Troop 439 gathered 36 new and used life preservers for the loaner station. Watkins received the rank of Eagle Scout at his Court of Honor earlier this year in the Cultural Hall at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Watkins is tbe son of David and Tammie Watkins.
Jesse Watkins would like to thank all those who donated their time, talents, and labor on this project.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- Dennis Hof says Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population
- SlotWorld Casino in Carson City closing Sunday for remodel
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to hear Lompa Ranch project developer agreement