Ex-sheriff victim of hit and run
March 26, 2014
The Nevada Highway Patrol said Wednesday a hit-and-run driver ran into former Sheriff Rich Ingram's vehicle at McLean Road near the Reno Highway earlier that morning.
Fallon NHP Sgt. Dave Cox said paramedics took Ingram to Banner Churchill Community Hospital. Ingram was treated and released
NHP spokesman Dave Gibson out of Reno said troopers located the driver of the vehicle, Jennifer Czichotski of Fallon, at a friend's house in the city. Gibson said she also was seen at Banner Churchill. According to a field report, Gibson said Czichotski rear-ended Ingram's vehicle and then took off.
NHP troopers were able to talk with several witnesses after the accident and from that, were able to locate Czichotski.
Gibson said charges are still pending.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- 15 set to graduate from Carson City Regional Fire Academy
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office