Ex-sheriff victim of hit and run
March 26, 2014
The Nevada Highway Patrol said Wednesday a hit-and-run driver ran into former Sheriff Rich Ingram's vehicle at McLean Road near the Reno Highway earlier that morning.
Fallon NHP Sgt. Dave Cox said paramedics took Ingram to Banner Churchill Community Hospital. Ingram was treated and released
NHP spokesman Dave Gibson out of Reno said troopers located the driver of the vehicle, Jennifer Czichotski of Fallon, at a friend's house in the city. Gibson said she also was seen at Banner Churchill. According to a field report, Gibson said Czichotski rear-ended Ingram's vehicle and then took off.
NHP troopers were able to talk with several witnesses after the accident and from that, were able to locate Czichotski.
Gibson said charges are still pending.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Carson High student seeks donations for medical costs
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Two top AG’s staffers win reprieve on license status pending July bar exams
- WNC graduates over 500 students, breaking Jump Start program record (photo gallery)
- Arrest made in Carson City Cal-Ranch Store burglary