FFA, 4-H members ‘Walk the Town’
April 21, 2014
Churchill County 4-H and FFA members recently walked the town to promote their annual livestock show next weekend.
Members of the local 4-H and FFA were out "Walking the Town" with some of their projects inviting the community to the 2014 Churchill County Junior Livestock Show and Sale April 25-26at the Churchill County Fairgrounds. The received many comments like "Only in Fallon, Nev.,would you see livestock going up and down the road" and "I remember when I was in 4-H or FFA" and then they would share their stories.
According to the members, many people stopped and got out of their cars to pet the animals.
In conjunction with the Churchill County Livestock Show and Sale, current and past members will be celebrating the 100th Anniversary of Cooperative Extension on April 26 at 1:30 p.m. at the Churchill county fairgrounds. Any past 4-Hers or Cooperative Extension faculty are invited to come make history. For information on the celebration or the Livestock show, contact Karen at the 4-H office at 775-423-5121.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- Dennis Hof says Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population
- SlotWorld Casino in Carson City closing Sunday for remodel
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to hear Lompa Ranch project developer agreement