Four hurtin crashat SandMountain
April 7, 2015
Four people were injured Saturday night — two of them requiring immediate medical care — at Sand Mountain, 30 miles east of Fallon, reports the Bureau of Land Management's Carson City District office.
BLM spokeswoman Lisa Ross said two sand rails, lightweight off-road motor vehicles built for traveling over sandy terrain, collided on Competition Hill at about 8 p.m.
"Two people were transported by Care Flight and one by Churchill Banner Ambulance," Ross said "Another individual was treated and released on the scene."
Ross also said no one was wearing helmets. She did not have names of the injured.
The Churchill County Sheriff's Office assisted by closing the road for the Care Flight helicopter.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake