Gas prices continue to decline
January 28, 2016
The average retail price of gasoline in Churchill County continues to fall.
According to the latest report from GasBuddy.com, the daily survey of the state's 1,130 gas stations shows prices have fallen 8.2 cents per gallon during the past week.
The average price in Nevada is $2.34 per gallon, compared to the national average of $1.82 per gallon.
Prices around the region range from $2.19 to $2.99 per gallon in Washoe County to under $1.90 per gallon in the Carson City area.
Gasoline prices for the most part in Churchill County have been hovering in the vicinity of $2.05-$2.07 per gallon, but according to the latest GasBuddy survey, the lowest price is at Speedway and the highest price at Harmon Junction. Diesel prices have been averaging from $2.01 to more than $2.32 per gallon.
Including the change in gas prices in Nevada during the past week, prices on Monday were 14.6 cents per gallon higher than the same day one year ago and are 16.4 cents per gallon lower than a month ago. The national average has decreased 17.5 cents per gallon during the last month and stands 20 cents per gallon lower than this day one year ago.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake