Grants awarded to enhance fire safety
April 30, 2013
Nevada Sen. Harry Reid has announced two grants for the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe and the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe to enhance fire safety.
The first grant for the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribe is for $106,470 and the second for the Fallon Paiute-Shoshone Tribe is for $8,123. Both come from FEMA's Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program.
"I have worked hard to ensure that Nevada tribes have resources to keep their communities safe and secure," said Reid. "FEMA's Assistance to Firefighters program will deliver the resources that tribes need to enhance their fire and emergency response capabilities."
About the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program
The primary goal of the Assistance to Firefighters Grants (AFG) is to meet the firefighting and emergency response needs of fire departments and nonaffiliated emergency medical service organizations. Since 2001, AFG has helped firefighters and other first responders to obtain critically needed equipment, protective gear, emergency vehicles, training and other resources needed to protect the public and emergency personnel from fire and related hazards.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- Dennis Hof says Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population
- SlotWorld Casino in Carson City closing Sunday for remodel
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to hear Lompa Ranch project developer agreement