May 9, 2013
Six community teams participated in the first annual Cinco de Mayo 3-on-3 basketball tournament at The Gym at Venturacci Park.
Teams played Friday night and Saturday, and the tournament was the first event hosted at the new facility. The State Farm team completed its run to the championship and claimed the first place prize of $150 in cash and brand new basketball jerseys.
The second place team "We Be Ballin" didn't leave empty handed as they won $75 in cash and sweatshirts. The event was a collaboration between the Fallon Chamber of Commerce, Churchill County Parks and Recreation, the city of Fallon and Naval Air Station Fallon. Next year's event will be May 2-3, 2014.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- Dennis Hof says Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population
- SlotWorld Casino in Carson City closing Sunday for remodel
- Carson City Board of Supervisors to hear Lompa Ranch project developer agreement