Idaho motorist killed in two-vehicle accident
July 14, 2014
The Nevada Highway Patrol has identified the name of a motorist who was killed Saturday at Gummow Drive and the Reno Highway.
Trooper Dave Gibson said Monday morning that Donald O. Leon, 64, of Harrison, Idaho, entered the turn lane and struck the rear of a pickup driven by Keith Johnson, 48, of Fallon. Johnson was traveling eastbound on U.S. 50 and entered the left turn lane to go onto Gummow Drive, reported Gibson.
The NHP report stated Leon's Camaro pushed the pickup across the westbound lanes and into a power pole. The Camaro stopped in the eastbound lanes.
Leon was transported to Renown Regional Medical Center in Reno by Care Flight and was pronounce dead at 7:18 p.m. Gibson said it is unclear if the accident caused Harrison's death or if it was something else. He said the accident is still under investigation.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty