Lady Wave swimmers split in pool
March 18, 2014
The Fallon swim teams got off to a mixed start to the opened the season last week in Reno.
The Lady Wave split their dual meets with a win over Sage Ridge (125-78) and a loss to Lowry (137-104). The boys, meanwhile, were swept, 137-76 and 115-90, to Sage Ridge and Lowry, respectively.
Against Sage Ridge, Sierra Bivens took second (2 minutes, 52.48 seconds), Josey Moore (3:12.26) third in 200-yard freestyle for the Lady Wave.
Bivens, though, followed her 200 free with a win in the 100 free (1:08.40), and Josie Bekiares finished second (1:11.47).
Katrina Ward, meanwhile, had a solid meet winning the 200 individual medley (2:47.84) and the 100 butterfly (1:17.76). Addyson Harmon placed third (3:18.03) in the 200 IM, while Amber Revels took second in the fly (1:37.53).
Kaelehn Nemeth also netted a win in the 50 free (30.86), followed by Bekiares in third (32.68).
Kyle Grimes first in 50 free (24.14), Haydn Klein was third (29.94) and Davis Koenig took fourth (31.04). Grimes (1:07.52) and Koenig (1:24.22) finished third and fourth, respectively, in the 100 back.
Garret Snooks placed third in the 200 free (2:35.35) and 100 fly (1:31.79).
The boys 200 free relay team of Nathan Narang, Klein, Snooks and Grimes placed first with a mark of 1:55.60, while the Lady Wave's 400 free relay team of Bekiares, Harmon, Moore and Ward also took first with a time of 5:04.61.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts