Latest update: NAS Fallon Hornet involved in training crash
March 1, 2014
9 p.m. — Updated by NSAWC: search crews on the scene. No new media releases planned at this time.
6:30 p.m. — A Navy F/A-18C Hornet assigned to the Naval Strike and Air Warfare Center at Naval Air Station Fallon crashed at about 3 p.m. Saturday, according to a press release from the commander of Naval Air Forces in San Diego.
The crash occurred about 70 miles east of NAS Fallon on a Navy range training complex during a training flight.
Navy personnel are en route to the scene. The Navy has not confirmed the status of the crew member.
An investigation will be conducted.
No other information is available at this time.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty