Library celebrates anniversary
March 9, 2017
The county's rich library history stretches back 112 years to 1905 when Fallon's first lending library operated out of the old post office. It moved to various locations including both the Wightman Building and the Woodliff Building before a permanent site was selected and a new library was dedicated at the current location in April 1967.
A 50th anniversary celebration will be held Saturday from noon-2 p.m. at 553 S. Maine St. The celebration included magician Justin Impossible, activities and refreshments.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Guy W. Farmer: Statehood for Puerto Rico not likely
- After inspections, Carson City extended stay motels work to comply
- Nevada Guard’s first openly transgender soldier embraces new policy
- Three arrested on child endangerment, says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy kicks off concert series