Midnight fire destroys Tolas Place mobile home
October 31, 2013
A midnight fire destroyed a mobile home Wednesday night, reports the Fallon/Churchill Fire Department.
According to Bill Lawry, second assistant fire chief, firemen were called at 11:59 p.m. to 400 E. Tolas Place. When they arrived, Lawry said the front part of the home was engulfed by flames. He said the interior and also the back porch had smoke and fire damage. Lawry estimated the damage between $40,000-$50,000.
Two trucks and three engines and about 30 firemen responded to the fire.
Lawry said the suspected cause is a clothes dryer that overheated.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts