Midnight fire destroys Tolas Place mobile home | NevadaAppeal.com

Back to: Lahontan Valley

Midnight fire destroys Tolas Place mobile home

Fallon/Churchill Fire Department responded to a mobile home fire Wednesday night.

A midnight fire destroyed a mobile home Wednesday night, reports the Fallon/Churchill Fire Department.

According to Bill Lawry, second assistant fire chief, firemen were called at 11:59 p.m. to 400 E. Tolas Place. When they arrived, Lawry said the front part of the home was engulfed by flames. He said the interior and also the back porch had smoke and fire damage. Lawry estimated the damage between $40,000-$50,000.

Two trucks and three engines and about 30 firemen responded to the fire.

Lawry said the suspected cause is a clothes dryer that overheated.