UPDATE: U.S. 95 reopens near Walker Lake
January 10, 2017
Update: NDOT reopened the highway late Tuesday afternoon.
US 95 South at mile marker 65 in Mineral County is closed in both directions due to a mudslide.
A pretty substantial mudslide fell in the Walker Lake area about 10 miles north of Hawthorne. Cars were being stopped in Schurz. Nevada Department of Transportation maintenance crews are now removing the mud and rock debris to make the road safe. NDOT hopes to have it re-opened sometime Tuesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake