Nevada Highway Patrol promotes 2
April 22, 2014
The Nevada Highway Patrol has promoted Susan Aller-Schilling to the rank of major, making her the first female trooper in NHP history to achieve that rank.
At the same time,NHP elevated Trooper William Murwin of Fallon to the rank of sergeant.
Aller-Schilling has been with the Department of Public Safety for more than 16 years. She began with Parole and Probation, rising to the rank of lieutenant before transferring to NHP in Las Vegas. She transferred to Carson City in 2008, working in the DPS Director's office, then moving to Reno as rural commander a year later. This past July, she became Reno operations commander.
As a major, she will be deputy chief of the NHP northern command headquartered in Reno, overseeing more than 2,560 sworn and civilian personnel.
She replaces Brian Sanchez, who was recently promoted to lieutenant colonel of the highway patrol.
Murwin began his career with NHP in 2005 and has worked in Yerington, Fernley and Fallon. As sergeant, he will supervise the Hawthorne and Yerington duty stations.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty