Nevadans set state sing-along record
November 25, 2014
On Friday, the Nevada 150 Commission received official verification the state set the record for the "Most People Singing A State Song at Once" with 45,553 Nevadans participating.
As one of the celebrations' culminating events, #NevadaSings provided Nevadans an opportunity to join together throughout the state to demonstrate our state pride by singing a rendition of "Home Means Nevada." Nevadans entered their video or photo proof singing with co-workers, friends, family, schools and businesses at more than 500 locations.
In Fallon, students sung the state song, while at City Hall, hundreds participated in singing "Home Means Nevada" with the high school choir leading the crowd.
A video montage can be seen at the following link: https://recordsetter.com/world-record/people-singing-state-song-once/39030?flush=true
RecordSetter, a Las Vegas-based company, established and verified the record.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Gardnerville woman held on 11 felonies, according to Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- New tattoo parlor holding opening party Saturday
- Nevada’s public retirement system unfunded liability falls again
- Today: Yogurt Beach hosting fundraiser for Carson City, Dayton families of teens in rollover
- Man with anchor tied around legs 1 of 2 bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake