Trustees to discuss H.R. position Thursday
May 21, 2013
Structure of the Human Resources Department will be discussed Thursday night during the Churchill County School District Board of Trustees' regularly scheduled meeting at the district administration office, 690 S. Maine St.
Interim Superintendent Bus Scharmann will present information regarding structure of the department and of the now vacant human resources position. The item is for discussion only.
Trustees terminated the contract of Diane Peters, the district's H.R. director, at their meeting last Wednesday.
Trustees will also discuss or take action on the following items:
• A contract extension will be considered for construction management services to Parsons Commercial Technology Group through October 2013 in the amount of $70,850, and another extension through October 2014 in the amount of $283,394.
• A construction contract will be considered for renovations at E.C. Best Elementary School's round building. Work will include replacing the heating, ventilating and air conditioning units, renovating the student and faculty restrooms to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and construction of a separate visitor entrance for building access control. • Consider awarding a contract to Rusty's Refrigeration of Fallon in the amount of $45,570 to replace three HVAC units on top of the E.C. Best Elementary School gymnasium.
• Modifications to the superintendent's job description will be considered for approval.
• A potential policy and board's budgeting for donations to school organizations will be discussed.
• Consider accepting a proposal for renewal from Wells Fargo Insurance Services for Hometown Health, VSP (vision coverage) and Guardian (life coverage) for July 2013 through June 2014. The total estimated annual premiums would be $3,930,857 for medical, $28,399 for vision and $4,270 for life. In a separate item, a dental service proposal will be considered by trustees with plan options for annual premiums listed at $336,150 or $392,817.
Notes: Among the upcoming district events is the Churchill County High School Scholarship & Academic Awards Ceremony Tuesday at 1:15 p.m. in the school auditorium. … The CCHS Industrial Arts Fair will also be held on May 29 from 5-7 p.m. … Adult graduation is May 30 at 7 p.m., and the high school graduation is June 7 at 7 p.m. at the Ed Arciniega Athletic Complex.