Trustees to meet Thursday
April 2, 2013
Churchill County School District website:
The Churchill County School District Board of Trustees on Thursday will hold their first regularly scheduled meeting of April at the district administration office, 690 S. Maine St., in "The Pit."
Trustees will discuss or take action on the following items:
Consider a resolution authorizing medium-term obligations in the maximum principal amount of $1,125,000 to refinance certain outstanding obligations of the District; directing the superintendent or Business Services director to forward materials to the Department of Taxation of the State of Nevada.
Consider approval of a tentative budget for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2014.
Will meet for a closed negotiation session to discuss negotiations and strategies regarding contract terms for the new superintendent.
At their meeting last Thursday, trustees took action on the following items:
Approved a request from Greenwave Booster Club President Kelly Workman to hold the "Night of Boxing" at the CCHS gym in May.
Approved early retirement incentives under Policy 4811 for Ella Southfield and Teressa Ellis.
Agreed to hire a Special Education teacher to run the Behavioral Support Unit at CCMS.
Will consider a revised Request for Proposal document for legal counsel at their regularly scheduled April 25 meeting. The Churchill County District Attorney's office has agreed to review the Request for Proposal.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition