WNC now offering test
July 9, 2013
Job skills testing to help match employers with desirable employees and points workers to preferred jobs is being offered Western Nevada College at its Carson City campus.
Through American College Testing's WorkKeys National Career Readiness assessments, employability skills are determined in three areas: applied mathematics, reading for information, and locating information. Test questions are based on situations in the everyday work world.
The next testing opportunity is Friday from 8 a.m. to noon and 1 to 5 p.m. in the Reynolds Center for Technology at 2201 West College Parkway in Carson City. The cost is $75.
Testing will be available at WNC at least once per month, according to David Steiger, the college's director of Economic Development. Locate testing dates and times via WNC's Continuing Education noncredit class schedule at http://www.campusce.net/wnc/course/course.aspx?catId=77.
Since the nonprofit ACT launched the program in 2006, more than 1.7 million certificates have been issued.
Trending In: Lahontan Valley
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- CCSO advises on flooding mitigation efforts