A 100-hundred acre fire burning east of Fallon in the Desatoya Wilderness Area is expected to be contained today and controlled by Saturday, reports the Bureau of Land Management. The fire is burning in pinon-juniper vegetation. Hand crews and several Heltiack units are on the scene. The BLM reports the cause of the fire was due to lightning.
Fire burns in Desatoya Wilderness Area
Trending in: News
- Western Nevada College News & Notes | Latino Cohort promotes higher education
- Saylo reflects on law enforcement career
- Carson City family receives restored car from Western Nevada College
- Senator Square | Carson High School students embrace holiday season
- Sen. James Settelmeyer backs bill to allow bars to permit dogs