A 100-hundred acre fire burning east of Fallon in the Desatoya Wilderness Area is expected to be contained today and controlled by Saturday, reports the Bureau of Land Management. The fire is burning in pinon-juniper vegetation. Hand crews and several Heltiack units are on the scene. The BLM reports the cause of the fire was due to lightning.
Fire burns in Desatoya Wilderness Area
Trending in: News
- Nevada tempts Tesla Motors
- Tension-filled 10 minutes in North Korea
- Fallon man sentenced up to 6 years in prison
- Country Fair, Fallon Ranch Hand Rodeo highlight weekend fun
- Residents invited to Community Day