A 100-hundred acre fire burning east of Fallon in the Desatoya Wilderness Area is expected to be contained today and controlled by Saturday, reports the Bureau of Land Management. The fire is burning in pinon-juniper vegetation. Hand crews and several Heltiack units are on the scene. The BLM reports the cause of the fire was due to lightning.
Fire burns in Desatoya Wilderness Area
Trending in: News
- Conservative groups launch efforts to repeal new tax plan
- Six Douglas deputies identified in Monument Peak shooting
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Woman arrested on two counts of child endangerment
- Chet Burton: WNC working to meet the needs for Nevada's future
- Officials calling Nevada solar future bright under EPA rules