A 100-hundred acre fire burning east of Fallon in the Desatoya Wilderness Area is expected to be contained today and controlled by Saturday, reports the Bureau of Land Management. The fire is burning in pinon-juniper vegetation. Hand crews and several Heltiack units are on the scene. The BLM reports the cause of the fire was due to lightning.
Fire burns in Desatoya Wilderness Area
Trending in: News
- Carson City couple flies all over to help provide health care
- Bob McFadden Plaza at Third Street in Carson City opens Saturday
- Update: Not a meteor: Chinese rocket re-enters atmosphere near California
- WNC plans dorms for Carson City campus
- Services set for Carson residents killed in Monitor Pass collision