Staff report

Back to: News
October 31, 2013
Follow News

Midnight fire destroys Tolas Place mobile home

A midnight fire destroyed a mobile home Wednesday night, reports the Fallon/Churchill Fire Department.

According to Bill Lawry, second assistant fire chief, firemen were called at 11:59 p.m. to 400 E. Tolas Place. When they arrived, Lawry said the front part of the home was engulfed by flames. He said the interior and also the back porch had smoke and fire damage. Lawry estimated the damage between $40,000-$50,000.

Two trucks and three engines and about 30 firemen responded to the fire.

Lawry said the suspected cause is a clothes dryer that overheated.


Explore Related Articles

Trending in: News

Trending Sitewide

The Nevada Appeal Updated Oct 31, 2013 07:59PM Published Oct 31, 2013 07:59PM Copyright 2013 The Nevada Appeal. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.