100-plus pounds of prescription drugs collected
October 11, 2013
More than 100 pounds of drugs and syringes was collected at Partnership Carson City's prescription drug roundup Saturday.
The event was supported by Carson's City three SaveMart stores and Smith's, which served as drop-off locations, and Carson City Rotarians.
"Carson City residents should be commended for their commitment to responsible disposal of unused medications," Kathy Bartosz, executive director of Partnership Carson City, said in a news release. "Proper disposal of medications ensures these potentially dangerous drugs stay out of the wrong hands, and our environment."
Prescription drugs may be taken to the Carson City Sheriff's Office and placed in the drug drop box in the main lobby. For safe methods to dispose of unused medications safely at home, which include not flushing them down the toilet, call Partnership Carson City at 775-841-4730.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Carson City area locals wanted for indie film, casting call this weekend
- Affordable housing development to break ground in Dayton
- Update: One suspect arrested in Carson City homicide case
- Two suspects arrested in Northern Nevada in relation to Oregon homicide
- Incentives bring 3 companies to Northern Nevada