A 100-hundred acre fire burning east of Fallon in the Desatoya Wilderness Area is expected to be contained today and controlled by Saturday, reports the Bureau of Land Management. The fire is burning in pinon-juniper vegetation. Hand crews and several Heltiack units are on the scene. The BLM reports the cause of the fire was due to lightning.
Fire burns in Desatoya Wilderness Area
Trending in: Local News
- Cell phone or gun? Officers make split second decisions on whether to shoot suspects
- Western Nevada College News & Notes: Tech courses prepare students for sustainable energy jobs
- Autism breakthrough: Carson City man develops live animation program to help children with autism
- Dayton man killed in Mono bicycle crash
- Carson City's WNC offers astronomy classes