A 100-hundred acre fire burning east of Fallon in the Desatoya Wilderness Area is expected to be contained today and controlled by Saturday, reports the Bureau of Land Management. The fire is burning in pinon-juniper vegetation. Hand crews and several Heltiack units are on the scene. The BLM reports the cause of the fire was due to lightning.
Fire burns in Desatoya Wilderness Area
Trending in: Local News
- National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- War for jobs spurs change in Carson City, says City Manager Nick Marano
- Carson City Board of Supervisors taking up fair, medical pot licenses
- Sandoval says U.S. must keep presence in Afghanistan
- Past Pages for Tuesday, Sept. 30, 2014