A 100-hundred acre fire burning east of Fallon in the Desatoya Wilderness Area is expected to be contained today and controlled by Saturday, reports the Bureau of Land Management. The fire is burning in pinon-juniper vegetation. Hand crews and several Heltiack units are on the scene. The BLM reports the cause of the fire was due to lightning.
Fire burns in Desatoya Wilderness Area
Trending in: Local News
- Better access to Tahoe Rim Trail sought
- New book documents bars across Nevada
- Douglas officials: Flood was once in a century
- Past Pages for Thursday, July 24, 2014
- 2 hurt, $2M damage in South Tahoe hotel fire