A 100-hundred acre fire burning east of Fallon in the Desatoya Wilderness Area is expected to be contained today and controlled by Saturday, reports the Bureau of Land Management. The fire is burning in pinon-juniper vegetation. Hand crews and several Heltiack units are on the scene. The BLM reports the cause of the fire was due to lightning.
Fire burns in Desatoya Wilderness Area
Trending in: Local News
- Empire Ranch bankruptcy case in Carson City still ongoing
- Suspected drug house in Carson City raided; six arrests
- Updated: Woman killed, man injured in Douglas County domestic violence call
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Woman arrested on suspicion of indecent exposure
- Carson City Reserve Commander receives Volunteer Manager of the Year honor