A 100-hundred acre fire burning east of Fallon in the Desatoya Wilderness Area is expected to be contained today and controlled by Saturday, reports the Bureau of Land Management. The fire is burning in pinon-juniper vegetation. Hand crews and several Heltiack units are on the scene. The BLM reports the cause of the fire was due to lightning.
Fire burns in Desatoya Wilderness Area
Trending in: Local News
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of embezzlement
- Teri's Notebook: Remembering Marilee Swirczek's humanity
- DUI taskforce hosting impact panel Tuesday in Carson City
- American Century Championship: Actor Jake Wagner leads after day 1 of annual celebrity golf tournament at Lake Tahoe
- Candy Lady providing treats at her final ACC