A 100-hundred acre fire burning east of Fallon in the Desatoya Wilderness Area is expected to be contained today and controlled by Saturday, reports the Bureau of Land Management. The fire is burning in pinon-juniper vegetation. Hand crews and several Heltiack units are on the scene. The BLM reports the cause of the fire was due to lightning.
Fire burns in Desatoya Wilderness Area
Trending in: Local News
- Kevin Mcintire of Dayton dies after Saturday motorcycle accident near Virginia City
- Rider dies during Virginia City Grand Prix
- Carson City burglary ring member pleads guilty to charges
- Affordable Care Act 2.0: 'Figure it out as we go'
- Carson City Sheriff Ken Furlong says Supreme Court ruling has little impact on department