A 100-hundred acre fire burning east of Fallon in the Desatoya Wilderness Area is expected to be contained today and controlled by Saturday, reports the Bureau of Land Management. The fire is burning in pinon-juniper vegetation. Hand crews and several Heltiack units are on the scene. The BLM reports the cause of the fire was due to lightning.
Fire burns in Desatoya Wilderness Area
Trending in: Local News
- Nevada Legislature: No action on PERS bill to alter pension fund, tackle liability
- Wellness premium benefit for Nevada state workers ends in July
- Significant progress for Carson City's Capitol Mall hoped for by 2017
- Officials: Busy bear summer
- Local sports roundup: Carson track teams win own invitational