The Order of the Eastern Star, State of Nevada is creating a UNR Cancer Research TRIBUTE at the Nevada State Legislature Building through Aug. 25. The intention is to put a face on cancer, while raising money for UNR Cancer Research. The TRIBUTE consists of pinwheels, each dedicated in honor of an individual and representing our collective determination to find the cure in the name of love. TRIBUTEs are dedicated to a diverse group of people, some who are presently in the battle, others who have won theirs, and to those who have been lost. Whatever the intention of the donor, it’s about love. Research is about finding a cure. One-hundred percent of the proceeds goes to UNR Cancer Research. Support the effort by enjoying the pinwheel “Field of LOVE.” For more information email OESCancerTRIBUTE@gmail.com.
In TRIBUTE of fighting cancer
Trending in: Local News
- Agencies participate in ‘active shooter’ training exercise at Carson City Courthouse
- Carson City downtown remake design proposals sought by city before Christmas
- 1 killed, 2 hurt in South Lake Tahoe crash
- Two who robbed 101-year-old in Carson City home sentenced to max
- Judge in Reno blocks Uber’s ride-sharing in Nevada