15-acre fire burning in Eldorado Canyon
August 17, 2013
A 15-acre wildfire was burning late Saturday night in Eldorado Canyon.
The fire started about 5:15 Saturday afternoon. It was likely caused by a thunderstom that went through the region Saturday afternoon.
According to Sierra Front Interagency Dispatch Center, 55 personnel were working the fire about 10 miles east of Carson City and eight miles south of Dayton. The fire is burning in a remote area that is difficult to access.
At 8 p.m., Sierra Front said the fire is active and has potential to spread.
No structures are threatened. There is no estimate of containment or control.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Fraud against the elderly a concern in Carson City
- Two people killed in Douglas County crash
- Nevada public retirement system board lowers investment projections
- Senator Square: Former Carson High School student returns to lead One Up Club
- Initial approval given to Lompa project by Carson City supervisors