15-acre fire burning in Eldorado Canyon
August 17, 2013
A 15-acre wildfire was burning late Saturday night in Eldorado Canyon.
The fire started about 5:15 Saturday afternoon. It was likely caused by a thunderstom that went through the region Saturday afternoon.
According to Sierra Front Interagency Dispatch Center, 55 personnel were working the fire about 10 miles east of Carson City and eight miles south of Dayton. The fire is burning in a remote area that is difficult to access.
At 8 p.m., Sierra Front said the fire is active and has potential to spread.
No structures are threatened. There is no estimate of containment or control.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- ‘I just didn’t know how else to say ‘thank you’
- Carson High School has a new softball coach: Carlos Mendeguia
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population