2nd medallion goes on sale Monday
February 7, 2014
Orders for the second of four commemorative medallions marking Nevada's 150th birthday begin Monday through the Nevada Legislative Gift Shop.
Each 1-ounce collector's medallion is made from pure silver from the Coeur Mine in Rochester on the historic Coin Press No. 1 at the Nevada State Museum. Depicting a Nevada miner on the front and the Nevada Sesquicentennial logo on the back, the medallion is available to the public for $100.50 each. The copper medallions have the same design and cost $15 each.
Orders for the sesquicentennial medallions can be made through leg.state.nv.us/app/lcbstore/a/default.aspx or in person at the LGS, 401 S. Carson St.
Sales of the medallions help fund the Nevada 150 events and yearlong celebration. For more information about Nevada 150, go to nevada150.org.
Wells Fargo is the sponsor of the medallions.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Carson High School senior makes supporting classmates and kids a priority
- ‘I just didn’t know how else to say ‘thank you’
- Carson High School has a new softball coach: Carlos Mendeguia
- Reno man arrested on felony parole violation after fight says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Homeland Security funding formula doesn’t recognize Vegas’s real population