2nd medallion goes on sale Monday
February 7, 2014
Orders for the second of four commemorative medallions marking Nevada’s 150th birthday begin Monday through the Nevada Legislative Gift Shop.
Each 1-ounce collector’s medallion is made from pure silver from the Coeur Mine in Rochester on the historic Coin Press No. 1 at the Nevada State Museum. Depicting a Nevada miner on the front and the Nevada Sesquicentennial logo on the back, the medallion is available to the public for $100.50 each. The copper medallions have the same design and cost $15 each.
Orders for the sesquicentennial medallions can be made through leg.state.nv.us/app/lcbstore/a/default.aspx or in person at the LGS, 401 S. Carson St.
Sales of the medallions help fund the Nevada 150 events and yearlong celebration. For more information about Nevada 150, go to nevada150.org.
Wells Fargo is the sponsor of the medallions.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016