3.2 quake reported in Carson City
July 7, 2014
The U.S. Geological Survey and Nevada Seismological Laboratory said Monday night a 3.2 magnitude earthquake was felt at 5:16 p.m. about three miles north-northeast of Carson City.
The quake was 4.3 miles underneath the surface.
The quake was felt as far east as Battle Mountain (290 miles) and as far west as Oakland / Berkeley (268 miles), according to the USGS.
No damage was reported.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Supervisors approve Vintage project
- Homicide determined ship’s fate
- Carson City District Attorney resurrects 20 year old murder case, calling for a new trial
- Man arrested on DUI-third after crash says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- AD Doug Knuth, hope and promise all going right for Nevada Wolf Pack fans says Joe Santoro (column)