3 Californians arrested in alleged I-80 assault
August 15, 2013
Three California residents were arrested Wednesday on suspicion of assault-related counts.
According to the Lyon County Sheriff's Office:
Deputies were dispatched to Terrible's Truck Stop in Fernley, where a woman told her she'd been assaulted by her boyfriend for three to four hours while they were traveling from Nye County to the Bay Area. She told deputies that the man had obtained a gun from another passenger and had waved it at her, later firing it out of the vehicle.
Other Northern Nevada law enforcement agencies were notified, and the Nevada Highway Patrol pulled the vehicle over in Sparks.
Marguice Daysean Cobb, 25, was arrested on suspicion of domestic battery and assault with a deadly weapon. Bail was set at $28,140.
Joseph Scott, 29, was arrested on suspicion of false imprisonment. Bail was set at $20,000.
Kristen Denae Bronson, 23, was arrested on suspicion of accessory to assault with a deadly weapon. Bail was set at $25,000.
Additional charges are pending.
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe water managers may have to ‘spill’ water
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Update: Water receding in Dayton retention pond
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office seeks information into battery thefts