3 hurt in fire at biodiesel plant
July 31, 2010
SPARKS (AP) – Three people were injured in a fire and explosion at a biodiesel fuel plant in an industrial section of Sparks near the Truckee River.
Sparks fire officials say one man suffered burns and was hospitalized in the blast around 11:30 a.m. Friday at Advanced Refining Concepts on Coney Island Drive.
Fuel leaked from two of the 125-gallon tanks but officials said they didn’t know how much or whether it made it as far as the sewer system. The cause of the fire was under investigation.
Trending In: Local
- Domestic wells could be regulated during bad drought
- American Indian Movement stops in Carson City during expedition
- Snowboarder dead at Northstar
- Man’s enchantment of exotic wolf breeds often leaves animals at Tahoe overwhelmed, looking to re-home
- Flooding in Northern Nevada in spring called a certainty
- Woman arrested on suspicion of possession of a dangerous drug says Carson City Sheriff’s Office
- Champions! Fallon Lady Wave girls basketball team claims first state championship
- Sex offender gets 10 years for child porn
- Ormsby House sale update, dog ordinance coming before Carson City Board of Supervisors Thursday
- Three candidates apply for open Carson City School Board seat