4th of July celebration starts Saturday
June 26, 2012
RSVP’s annual Fourth of July celebration kicks off Saturday at Mills Park and runs through July 4.
All-day-ride passes cost $25. A $5 coupon is available at http://www.nevadaruralrsvp.org or clipped from the Nevada Appeal.
On Monday, a special unlimited-rides wristband is available for $15.
The fair opens at 1 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, 4 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, and 11 a.m. Wednesday. The fair closes each night at 11 p.m. The event concludes with a fireworks show at 9:15 p.m. on Wednesday.
More than 20 rides, games and attractions will be available for fairgoers.
Proceeds from the fair go toward RSVP’s Home Companion, Respite Care and Transportation Program, which help local low-income seniors remain living independently in their own homes. For more information or to learn about volunteering, call Tannis Causey at (775) 687-4680, Ext. 21.
Trending In: Local
- Carson City Sheriff’s seeks help in finding missing person
- Carson City Kinkead building finally on list for demolition
- Marijuana legalization hasn’t changed Carson City K-9’s operation
- Emergency mental health center fills need in Carson City
- Lake Tahoe has added 138.65 billion gallons of water since Oct. 1, 2016