Trying to avoid the heat, Carson City resident Scott Haag and his 11-year-old daughter Madison use an umbrella for shade while fishing at the Baily Fishing Pond on Monday. Temperatures in the area are supposed to hit the low 90s for the rest week. With the slight reprieve in temperatures comes an increased risk of thunderstorms for the remainder of the week. For a complete forecast see Page A23.
Fishing for shade
Trending in: Local News
- Reward offered in Carson City JC Penney burglary
- Senator Square: Carson High gets ready for graduation
- Carson City Sheriff's Office getting 6 new vehicles
- Doug Williams wants veterans to know the state has a job for you
- Always Lost: A Meditation on War coming to Western Nevada College in Carson City for final exhibition