Trying to avoid the heat, Carson City resident Scott Haag and his 11-year-old daughter Madison use an umbrella for shade while fishing at the Baily Fishing Pond on Monday. Temperatures in the area are supposed to hit the low 90s for the rest week. With the slight reprieve in temperatures comes an increased risk of thunderstorms for the remainder of the week. For a complete forecast see Page A23.
- Navy must act quickly against personnel who defy oath
- Carson City Marine honored with Veteran of the Month
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested on suspicion of battery with a deadly weapon
- Two Carson City search warrant executed in connection with California murder
- Mound House growing again after recession