Trying to avoid the heat, Carson City resident Scott Haag and his 11-year-old daughter Madison use an umbrella for shade while fishing at the Baily Fishing Pond on Monday. Temperatures in the area are supposed to hit the low 90s for the rest week. With the slight reprieve in temperatures comes an increased risk of thunderstorms for the remainder of the week. For a complete forecast see Page A23.
Fishing for shade
Trending in: Local News
- Two motorcyclists killed in Monitor Pass collision
- Teen entrepreneurship program gives Boys & Girls Club members chance to help local businesses
- Carson City Sheriff's Office: Man arrested after leading deputies on chase
- Carson City Sheriff's Office seeks information about commercial burglary
- Marker to be unveiled at historic site in Dayton