Trying to avoid the heat, Carson City resident Scott Haag and his 11-year-old daughter Madison use an umbrella for shade while fishing at the Baily Fishing Pond on Monday. Temperatures in the area are supposed to hit the low 90s for the rest week. With the slight reprieve in temperatures comes an increased risk of thunderstorms for the remainder of the week. For a complete forecast see Page A23.
Fishing for shade
Trending in: Local News
- Former players, coaches react to end of Western Nevada College baseball
- Closed private road near Carson City's Mexican Dam raises questions
- Governor, controller exchange words over commerce tax petition
- Running in honor of fallen law enforcement in Carson City
- 1 from Carson City, 8 from Reno including doctor arrested in 'pill mill' case